So, I came across a recipe for Almond Joy Chocolate spread and my jaw dropped. I mean, almond, coconut, and chocolate combined in a way that allows me to spread it on whatever I want? I can dollop some on vanilla ice cream. I can spread it on toast. I can place a scoop of it inside pre-made croissants to bake. I can eat it out of the jar with a spoon! So many possibilitiesâ€¦so many reasons to have this in my life…so many people I would fight, if need be, to get my hands on some of this.
Please, oh please, Iâ€™m begging you, make me a massive supply of Almond Joy Chocolate spread.
I found the recipe on TheHealthyFoodie.net which is ran by Sonia from QuÃ©bec, Canada.
(Yields 3 half pint jars)
- 4 cups raw almonds
- 200g unsweetened shredded coconut
- Â¼ cup unpasteurized honey
- Â½ cup extra dark cocoa powder
- Â½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Â½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Lay the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them in a 275F oven for about an hour, then raise the temperature to 350F and give them an extra 8-10 minutes or so, until the almonds get really fragrant and take a nice golden brown color.
- Take the almonds out of the oven and allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut to your food processor and process until it turns into a crumbly, thick paste, about 8-10 minutes (you will have to scrape the sides quite frequently). Add the honey and process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Add the almonds to your food processor (no need to clean it, really) and process until smooth and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and process until well incorporated.
- Add reserved coconut paste and process again just to combine, no more.
- Transfer to glass jars and allow to rest for a few days before you dig in.
- You could keep this in the refrigerator if you wanted to, however, I dontâ€™t believe that itâ€™s really necessary, unless you intend on keeping it for an extended period of time (which I dare you to do!)
Mmmmm, come to mama!
post by Amanda