Guys, I’m cold. Like, cold cold. My back hurts because my muscles are clenching my spine like a needy toddler to its mom. Some embrace the cold and take advantage of outdoor sports like skiing, snowboarding, fishing, yard work…whatever, but not I. I is an indoors-man. I is, like I said, cold, but I’m surviving just fine, and my personal bitching would be exponentially higher without a few cold weather essentials that have helped me out dramatically. Turns out my coworkers have a few tricks up their sleeves as well…
- Patagonia Down Coat with Waterproof Shell– The down coat is super warm and I can add the shell in bad weather for extra warmth and to stay dry.
- B.ella Legwarmers– These get me to and from yoga without freezing and they’re perfect and cozy for wearing around the house on a lazy day.
- Smartwool Socks and Underwear– These are major winter essentials for me. Soooo comfy!
- Blundstone Boots– I wear them everywhere, especially when walking my dogs…they are easy to clean the mud off of.
- Nanak’s Lip Smoothees– It always keeps my lips moist and lasts for hours. My favorite!
- Heating Pad– I warm up my bed at night before going to sleep and I stay toasty warm.
- Columbia Omni-Heat Jacket and Outdoor Research Aria Storm Parka– Between the two, I’m crazy warm and dry.
- Down Comforter– I’m able to turn down the heater, yet stay super warm at night. I see my electricity bill dropping dramatically.
- Vodka– Because alcohol.
- ‘Bern’ by Bos. & Co. boot– They’re waterproof, cute, and cozy! I can go anywhere and dress them up just a little if I need to.
- oneVessel Glass Tumbler– It’s great for hot drinks, loose leaf tea, or lattes. It stays hot and doesn’t burn my hands.
- Mox Botanicals Lip Butter in Pomegranate and Fig- It smells great and keeps my lips from chapping in the cold weather.
- Eddie Bauer Down Vest– Keeps my core warm on chilly runs.
- B.ella Woolisimo Tights– They’re like work appropriate footie pajama bottoms!
- Butter London Nail Polish in Blowing Raspberries– Winter needs some color.
What are some key items you can’t live without during the wintertime?
Oh, and from Village Shoes to you, stay warm!
post by Amanda